Monday, May 6, 2013

Return of the Sixth

Well Saturday was a busy day.  I hope everyone was outside enjoying the sunshine (if you had sunshine).  Downtown Halifax was certainly packed with people.  One of the first really nice days of the season.  They were also out in packs, flaunting their nerdiness.  It was wonderful.






I picked up so many comics yesterday.  A lot of the shops had sales on for free comic book day.   I picked up a Batgirl graphic novel, Star Trek TNG/Dr Who crossover (drools), and this beautiful looking books about the WWII resistance.  Awesomesauce!






One of the stores, Strange Adventures, had a promotion where you get an R2D2 patch with a graphic novel.  I think I wanted the patch more then the graphic novel I picked up.  Can you blame me?






Saturday was also the first home game for the Halifax Roller Derby Association.  The arena was packed full of people.  There was a silent auction going on to raise money for injured skaters.  I ended up walking away with an armful of yarn and a few really good books.






The best part is I picked up some beautiful Japanese sock yarn.  Guess I know what I'll be knitting next! 








No comments:

Post a Comment